Since December 2017, PIN has been providing assistance in Rohyinga refugee camps arriving to Bangladesh from Myanmar. Focusing on protection, coordination and shelter upgrades, PIN has trained a cohort of local volunteers who further support refugee households in upgrading their shelters in preparation for the monsoon season. To improve safety of vulnerable groups in the camps, PIN employs unique participatory approaches titled Her Safety and His Safety, which engage women and men to identify their security concerns and empower them to apply measures addressing these risks.
The small country program, currently staffed by two international and three local colleagues, is poised for rapid growth. Intensive networking activities have brought opportunities for massive upscale, and the new Country Director will have to manage a dynamic growth in the range and scale of implemented activities, team, funding and related management and financial processes. The Country Director will have to demonstrate a good balance between independent management and consultation with HQ and team work to ensure compliance with PIN processes and allow for supervision in relation to organizational and donor rules.
Location: Cox´s Bazar and surrounding refugee camps
Starting date: July 2018
Duration: 18 months with the possibility of extension
The main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Overall management of both international and national employees.
- Strategic planning and country programme‘s development in accordance with PIN‘s strategy and needs of the particular region, and in consideration of PIN's capacity.
- Fundraising and liaising with donors, networking, understanding donors’ priorities and actively seeking new funding opportunities, including leading or significantly contributing to developing new proposals.
- Supervision of development of new program including proposal development in cooperation with program team.
- Ensuring that all PIN’s internal procedures and partner/donors' requirements are met
- Supervision of the financial management. Together with Finance Desk Officer supervises country program budget and overall economic situation.
- Planning HR needs of the country programme and taking part in the process of selection of new staff (expatriate and senior national), supervision of capacity building and ensuring sufficient human resources for the projects to meet its objectives together with HR department
- Supervision that all security and safety rules (SOPs) are set-up and followed, keeping security policy up to date and enforcing its implementation in cooperation with international Security Manager
- Ensuring clear and regular internal communication within PIN country program and with PIN HQ.
- Representation PIN towards media, public, partners, donors and local authorities.
- Representation PIN at Alliance2015 (alliance2015.org) and any other INGO platform (e.g. NCCI), and coordination mechanisms (e.g. clusters, working groups), in cooperation with senior colleagues.