Location: Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh
Starting date: July/August 2018
Duration: 12 months with possibility of extension
Brief description of mission or/and project for which the staff is required:
People in Need (PIN) operates in five countries in the South-East Asia region, including Nepal and Myanmar, and has been present in Cox's Bazar since Nov 2017. PIN effectively started its Rohingya response activities in February 2018 through close collaboration with two local partners. At this moment, PIN is mainly active in two sectors: Shelter/NFI and Protection. PIN also has previous experience working with Rohingya communities in Rakhine State, including humanitarian assistance to internally displaced populations in Northern Rakhine. PIN works closely with national and international partners and is part of the coordination structures relevant to the Rohingya refugee crisis. PIN has its coordination office in Cox’s Bazar.
PIN has developed and is implementing a unique community-based protection program Her Safety which was originally implemented in internally displaced communities following the 2015 earthquake in Nepal. In August 2017, following landslides that displaced households in northern Nepal, PIN integrated elements of the Her Safety model into emergency humanitarian aid provision. Between November 2017 and March 2018, the methodology had been adapted for the Rohingya crisis context and is currently being piloted in Kutupalong refugee camp. The methodology, which represents the backbone of all protection activities of PIN in Bangladesh, focuses on gender, age and diversity of protection needs (particularly those of women and adolescent girls) and addresses such needs directly through the gender-focused workshops and cash grants for small scale community-led safety projects.
The Protection Program Manager (PPM) will be responsible for appropriate integration and complementarityof protection and Her Safety activities with activities of PIN’s national and international partners.The PPM will be directly responsible for technical and methodological support of PIN’s and partner’s field team in terms of timely and quality implementation, MEAL, reporting and representation in relevant coordination structures. The PPM will be based in Cox’s Bazar with frequent travels to the camps.
- Full responsibility for the PCM aiming at achieving the project results and indicators and fulfilling the contractual obligations (planning, implementation, MEAL, reporting);
- Continuous improvement of the project quality and relevance;
- Insurance of M&E and data collection, in line with PIN’s requirements;
- Responsibility for the project financial spending of direct costs (forecasting, reporting), including national partner’s costs (annual budget of approximately 300.000 EUR);
- Compliance with the procurement rules, procurement planning in collaboration with the Head of Operations/Country Director;
- Compliance with PIN´s sectorial guidelines, internal procedures as well as international standards.
Project Development and Coordination:
- Continuous assessments of protection-related needs;
- Contribution to development of new project proposals in the protection sector;
- Mainstreaming and integration of protection in other PIN’s and/or partner’s activities
- Representation of PIN at Protection sector coordination meetings and at other relevant meetings;
- Collaboration with national partners and local authorities, other INGOs, UN agencies and any other relevant actors.
Security and Systems
- Compliance with all general PIN policies (Code of Conduct, Safeguarding policies, etc.) and responsibility for the team’s compliance
- Compliance with all security and safety rules and regulations (SMP, SOPs) and responsibility for the team’s compliance
- Gathering and reporting of security relevant information to the Security Focal Point
- Compliance with all financial and administrative rules and regulations (Financial guidelines, National and international staff policy) and responsibility for the team’s compliance