Starting date: ASAP
Contract duration: 12-18 months
Country Programme: Syria
Base: TBC – Erbil, Iraq / Gaziantep, Turkey (if situation allows) with expected travels within the region
Line Manager: Head of Programmes
About the role:
PIN has been working in Northern Syria since 2012, providing emergency relief and early recovery support to conflict-affected communities. Programmes for conflict-affected communities in Syria focus mainly on Emergency Food Assistance, WASH, and Education, in addition to Early Recovery activities. PIN’s contribution to the Syria humanitarian response is amongst the largest, with an annual turnover of over $30 million, engaging over 350 full time staff members across Northern Syria and cross-border response hubs in neighbouring countries.
With guidance and supervision from the Head of Programmes, the Grants Coordinator will be responsible for the overall coordination of all proposal development and reporting across PIN’s Syria response. S/he will lead the grants unit in developing quality reporting and proposal products, and ensuring information sharing and archiving to facilitate capturing of lessons learned, and instigation of feedback loops to continually build on and improve programme implementation and development. The Syria Grants Coordinator will act as a key focal point for external liaison, including representing PIN vis-à-vis donors and in other coordination forums (cluster, working groups, etc.). The position reports to the Head of Programmes and acts as a key liaison between and across mission departments, including programmes, M&E, finance, and logistics, for the purposes of programme development and reporting. The Syria Grants Coordinator will be based in one of the Northern Syria response hubs – most likely either in Erbil or in Gaziantep, subject to administrative considerations and consultation with the selected candidate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as overall supervisor and quality assurance for collection, compilation, review, quality control and editing of both quantitative and qualitative donor, internal and cluster reporting.
- Ensure that all reports are in-line with relevant donor requirements in terms of structure and content, including with regards to mainstreaming issues, including protection, gender, do no harm and conflict sensitivity.
- Ensure regular updating of reporting and compliance guidelines for key donors outlining requirements for programme implementation, procurement and distribution, information collection and storage, and reporting.
- Ensure that relevant staff are provided with timely information and materials – including guidelines, templates and examples – in order to develop quality reporting contributions.
- Supervise the grants unit in building the capacity of programmes staff to improve quality of reporting, as well as in maintaining an internal tracking database of donor, internal and cluster reporting timelines and coordinating with PMs and the M&E team for timely data collection and compilation.
- Proactively monitor potential new funding opportunities for PIN in Northern Syria through relevant open sources (donor websites, humanitarian assistance portals), clusters, and bilateral consultation and scoping with existing and potential donors.
- With support from HoP, lead the grants unit and Senior Management Team (SMT) in the development of concept notes, proposals and situation analyses – coordinating the development process with all relevant departments, including designing logical frameworks, setting realistic and measureable targets, and developing narrative proposals & budgets.
- In coordination with HoP and the grants unit, ensure that the programmatic lessons learned tracker is regularly updated and shared with programmes teams for action (minimum quarterly) by introducing key lessons learned from internal M&E products, Third Party Monitoring and Evaluation, Complaints Response Mechanisms and audit recommendations.
- Support the Country Director and Head of Programmes in donor and other external communications and liaison, including participation in high level meetings and forums, follow up of queries, information requests, informal reporting, and progress updates.