Starting date: July 2018
Contract duration: 6-12 months
Country Programme: Syria
Base: TBC – Erbil, Iraq (preferably) / Gaziantep, Turkey (if the situation allows)
Line Manager: Grants Coordinator
About the role:
PIN has been working in Northern Syria since 2012, providing emergency relief and early recovery support to conflict-affected communities. Programmes for conflict-affected communities in Syria focus mainly on Emergency Food Assistance, WASH, and Education, in addition to Early Recovery activities. PIN’s contribution to the Syria humanitarian response is amongst the largest, with an annual turnover of over $30 million, engaging over 350 full time staff members across Northern Syria and cross-border response hubs in neighbouring countries.
With guidance and supervision from the Grants Coordinator, the Grants and Reporting Officer will play a key role in supporting and coordinating the Programme Managers and M&E team in developing quality reporting and proposal products, and ensuring information sharing and archiving to ensure that lessons learned are captured, and feedback loops are instigated to ensure that they are fed back into ongoing programming and future programme development. The Grants and Reporting Officer may also act as a secondary focal point for external liaison, including representing PIN vis-à-vis donors and in other coordination forums (cluster, working groups, etc.). The position reports to the Grants Coordinator and communicates with Programme Managers and the M&E team, as well as the Head of Programmes. The Grants and Reporting Officer will be based in one of the Northern Syria response hubs – most likely either in Erbil or Gaziantep, subject to administrative considerations and consultation with the selected candidate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain an internal tracking database of donor, internal and cluster reporting timelines, and coordinate with the Grants Coordinator, Programme Managers, and the M&E team to ensure that appropriate data collection and compilation take place on schedule.
- Provide reminders to relevant staff members on reporting timelines, and act as a focal point for collection, compilation, review, quality control and editing of both quantitative and qualitative donor, internal and cluster reporting.
- Support programmes’ staff to improve reporting through identifying core capacity building needs and establishing a plan to improve reporting skills.
- Support the Grants Coordinator and Head of Programmes in donor and other external communications and liaison, including participation in meetings and forums, follow up of queries, information requests, informal reporting, and progress updates.
- Support the Grants Coordinator in mapping funding resources, and identifying and exploring potential new sources of funding in line with PIN strategy and principles.
- Under the guidance of Grants Coordinator, provide dedicated support to the development of concept notes, proposals and situation analyses – coordinating the development process with all relevant departments, including designing logical frameworks, setting realistic and measureable targets, and developing narrative proposals & budgets.
- Assist the Grants Coordinator, HoP, and Advocacy and Communications Officer to develop external communication tools as relevant for donor visits/meetings/reports.
- Ensure comprehensive grant files and donor guidelines and resources are maintained up to date.
- Support the M&E department and ensure that the programmatic lessons learned tracker is regularly updated (minimum quarterly) by introducing key lessons learned from internal M&E products, Third Party Monitoring and Evaluation, Complaints Response Mechanisms and audits. Ensure that this is regularly shared and followed up with PMs.