Location: Kiev with frequent travels to Sloviansk and throughout the areas of PIN/partners operations
Contract duration: until the end of April 2019, with possibility of extension
People in Need (PIN) has been active in Ukraine since early August 2014 and the humanitarian programs have been rapidly expanding since then. Currently, PIN is one of the major humanitarian actors in Eastern Ukraine while providing neutral and independent humanitarian aid to conflict-affected people. The PIN representative office is located in Kyiv. PIN field office in Sloviansk functions as the main base for PIN’s humanitarian operations in the government-controlled area (GCA) and supporting office for the PIN field office in Stakhanov (Kadiivka) (Lugansk Oblast, non-government-controlled area, NGCA). So far PIN has implemented number of emergency food, multi-purpose cash grants, NFI, Shelter, Protection, Livelihoods and WASH interventions and supported more than 2 000 000 vulnerable IDPs, returnees and host communities in both urban and rural locations. PIN’s main donors in Ukraine currently include ECHO, OFDA, DFID and UNHCR.
The Head of ACCESS Consortium (HoC) will provide leadership and management (overseeing design, delivery, quality, M&E and advocacy) of the phase II of 1-year ECHO funded project focused on provision of multi-sectoral humanitarian assistance to conflict-affected populations in Eastern Ukraine. The sectors include Health/Mental Health, Protection mainstreaming, WASH, Shelter, basic needs support (multi-purpose cash assistance/vouchers) and evidence-based advocacy, in-depth humanitarian needs assessment and coordination. The HoC is responsible for the coordination of the Consortium, which includes the following partners: PIN as a lead in the Consortium, Médecins du Monde (MDM) and ACTED in partnership with IMPACT Initiatives, as well as Right to Protection and NGO Forum, which are local partners.
Internal relations: The HoC reports toDeputy Country Director - Programs.The HoC works independently from PIN and is responsible for coordinating Consortium management meetings (Steering Committee and Program Implementation Unit. The HoC line manages the Deputy Head of Consortium, based in Sloviansk.
External relations: The HoC represents the Consortium at UN Cluster Meetings and General Coordinator Meetings. The HoC is the principal point of contact for ECHO in country.
Project cycle management:
- Liaising between different components of the Consortium and oversight for planning, action design and delivery of objectives, strategies, plans and budgets of the Consortium led action
- Leading and management oversight of all aspects of the Consortium, including financial and human resources
- Ensuring that operational and administrative procedures are followed according to ECHO guidelines
- Ensuring the development of cooperation agreements between PIN and Consortium partners in collaboration with PIN’s finance team
- Close cooperation with PIN program departments - protection, rehabilitation (WASH, shelter), distribution, and with the Consortium partners on programmatic synergies and complementarities among the PIN departments and the Consortium partners with the aim to identify issues to address and make recommendations for improvement
- Ensuring that Consortium action activities are implemented according to the initially agreed work plan
- Overseeing the consolidation and preparation of narrative reports and other ad hoc reports; reviewing the fnancial report
- Ensuring the delivery of agreed outputs of the Consortium
- Coordinating and facilitating monthly meetings with Consortium members on program management issues, as well as quarterly meetings with the project Steering Committee
- Ensuring that the action complies with both internal and external quality standards
- Be accountable for quality assurance of performance measures (e.g. outcome indicators, interim milestones, and the efficacy of the overall monitoring and evaluation systems); ability to devolve responsibility
- Ensuring the risk analysis is updated on a regular basis
- Managing and overseeing the development and implementation of the Monitoring and Evaluation tools for the Consortium
- Oversight of data management procedures
- Contributing to proposal development, as relevant.
Budget and Finance
- Ensuring that financial contractual obligations are followed according to ECHO’s rules and regulations
- Conducting regular budget and finance meetings with Consortium partners to ensure the spending is according to the initially agreed budget.
Communication and Coordination
- Strategizing on engagement of stakeholders in the action, including representing the Consortium in coordination mechanisms
- Ensuring high quality of communication among the Consortium partners and, in close coordination with PIN’s Advocacy Expert, providing of professional recommendations and relevant data to strengthen advocacy efforts of the Consortium action
- Acting as the spokesperson for the Consortium with high-level stakeholders nationally;
- Managing the relationship with ECHO in country.
- Strategic leadership on capacity development, identifying requirements for organizational capacity building and the development and implementation of apacity building activities
- Developing, in coordination with the Consortium partners, ECHO, and other stakeholders, lessons learned in the design and implementation of Consortium activities
- Oversee the development of case studies and relevant communication materials.